Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Black screen while playing game on ZSNES in XBMC

A while back, I posted a guide for setting up ZSNES SNES emulator on a Linux XBMC setup.

I noticed that after 10-20 minutes, the screen would go black, but a keypress would bring it back. I don't really play that much, and I didn't find an immediate solution to the problem, so I just let it lie. I happened to stumble upon the answer the other day, here. It's a little out of date though, in that it uses xorg.conf, so I'm putting an updated version here.

The problem is apparently X going into sleep. I'm not really sure why this happens when the emulator is on top, but not when XBMC is, but there is a fairly easy way to solve it.

  1. Open a Terminal
  2. Create a new Xorg config file: /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-xnosleep.conf
  3. Place the following text in it:
Section "ServerFlags"
Option "BlankTime" "0"
Option "StandbyTime" "0"
Option "SuspendTime" "0"
Option "OffTime" "0"
EndSection
  1. Save, reboot, and enjoy "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" without interruptions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment