Sunday, July 13, 2014

Time for a new Distro

I've been using Linux Mint Debian Edition for a while now, and I've been pretty happy with it. But when Linux Mint 17 came out, I noticed that the version of Cinnamon that I was using was actually lower than the one used in LM17. We can't have that now can we?

I looked a little bit at Linux Deepin, which has had some press recently. It's a good looking distro, no doubt about it. In fact, I think it just might take over, from the now defunct Pear OS, as the best looking Linux distro. However, after trying it on a live USB, I came to the conclusion that it would drive me nuts in a matter of days. it's a little to Windowsey for me, and I really don't like the way the dock works.

In the end I went with Linux Mint 17. It's a safe bet, but/and it's really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment